SIMPLY HEALTHIER VEGAN MAYONNAISSE : VEGONNAISSE
July 7, 2018
Its not only fat free , eggless , cholesterol free but also low on the pocket yet healthier than the milk based Mayo!
- 100 g raw unsalted cashews / almonds
- 125 ml unsweetened Soymilk
- 100 ml water
- 1 and a half table spoon apple cider vinegar (alternate with) lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 /2 spoon dried mustard powder
Soak cashews or almonds in hot water for at least 20 minutes or in warm water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews or if using almonds, peel them and add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients except water. Blend until smooth.
- Keep adding water slowly while blending further till you get the desired consistency.
- Also mustard powder can be added as per taste.
- You can serve it immediately, although many prefer to eat it cold.
- Keep the mayo in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Feel free to use any other type of vinegar even chilly vinegar gives a nice tangy taste.
- Add more or less water, depending on the consistency desired by you.
- Taste the Vegonnaise before serving and add more salt or vinegar/lemon juice and /or mustard powder if needed.
©copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved by Meatkills